Client: County of Santa Clara
(San Jose, California)
Position:Medical Director, Santa Clara County Jails
Closing Date: June 26, 2023
The County of Santa Clara is recruiting nationally for an experienced Medical Director, Santa Clara County Jails (Medical Director) who is a dynamic, innovative, visionary, and highly collaborative leader. With a dedicated team of approximately 210 full-time staff, this position reports to the Director, Custody Health Services and receives clinical oversight from the Enterprise Medical Staff of Santa Clara Valley Healthcare (SCVH). The ideal candidate will have a current California Medical License and possess a Board Certification at the time of the start date. The Medical Director is the highest-ranking medical physician leader within the Custody Healthcare Services Adult Jail Facilities (Main Jail/Elmwood) responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating all provider activity within the two adult jail facilities and ensuring that medical practices comply with appropriate standards to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered care. This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a highly qualified Physician Executive capable of providing effective leadership to a diverse staff.
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Possession of a board certification issued by the American Board of Medical Specialties of the American Osteopathic Association, and maintenance of Board certification if required by the Enterprise Medical Staff for clinical privileges.
- Possession and maintenance of a State and/or Federal narcotic license for the administration of narcotics to inmates and patients.
Experience: This position must have leadership experience similar to a Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer with an acute healthcare facility and/or healthcare system, a minimum of five years of broad clinical experience in a comprehensive medical setting, and at least two years of which must have been over a defined medical program with full authority to hire, evaluate, conduct quality reviews, and have responsibility for physician practice development and discipline.
Desired but not required:
- MBA or credential in medical management, or education in the area of healthcare administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical service delivery, correctional healthcare, and public health concepts.
- Experience working in a county jail or state prison psychiatric services unit.
The salary range for this position is up to $398,052 dependent upon qualifications that will be based upon the selected candidate’s experience. Excellent benefits, including CalPERS retirement, included.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by June 26, 2023. Candidates should be aware that this recruitment can close at any time once a strong pool of candidates is established. To apply email compelling cover letter and comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential inquiries are welcomed to Robert Burg, Ralph Andersen & Associates, at (916) 630-4900.