Client: Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
Position: Court Executive Officer
Closing Date: Appointment Made
The Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco, is seeking an exceptional, innovative leader with a proven record of achievement to serve as the next Court Executive Officer (CEO). Within the Court, the CEO reports to the Presiding Judge of the Court and collaborates with the Executive Committee. Currently, the Court has 52 Judges, 1 Commissioner, and approximately 400 employees in four facilities in San Francisco. It has an annual budget of approximately $80.7 million with four operational areas: Criminal, Civil, Family, and Probate. The CEO is responsible for the Court’s daily operations, management of court staff, and implementation of court policies and procedures. Outside the Court, the CEO works directly with members and staff of the Judicial Council of California, and other CEOs on court administration policy and issues that affect the entire judicial branch of California. The CEO will address issues of local, statewide, and national importance, including issues related to trial court funding, court reporter shortages, and technological innovation.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree in judicial, business, and/or public administration or a law degree is preferred.
The following experience is strongly preferred:
- Significant experience at the executive level, preferably in public service or a government agency.
- Extensive experience in managing multi-million-dollar budgets with fiscal constraints.
- Executive leadership during a time of evolving needs including a changing set of workforce dynamics and navigating the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- A demonstrated record of successful collaboration with internal and external leaders and partners as a leading participant in the design and implementation of new programs and operations.
- Knowledge of the legislative process and funding sources including a broad understanding of all branches of government.
- Positive working relationships and experience working with Employee Labor Groups.
- Experience working in an ethnic and culturally diverse metropolitan environment.
The annual salary range for this position is $245,000 to $295,000 upon appointment, DOQ. Additionally, comprehensive benefits package is offered, including membership to SFERS.