San Bernardino County is recruiting nationally for a highly experienced Behavioral Health Medical Director, who is a dynamic, innovative, visionary, and highly collaborative leader. With a dedicated team of approximately 45 full-time psychiatrists, this at-will position reports to the Director of the Department of Behavioral Health and is the highest-ranking psychiatric physician leader within the Department of behavioral Health. The ideal candidate will be a progressive, highly experienced professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced and complex environment. The ideal candidate will have a current California Medical License and Board Certification as a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology at the time of the start date. This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a highly qualified psychiatric physician executive capable of providing effective leadership to a diverse staff.
This position requires:
- Must possess an active, unrestricted and unencumbered Physician and Surgeon’s Certification issued by the State of California Medical Board;
- Must possess a valid Drug Enforcement Administration Registration Certificate;
- Must show evidence of having completed the required course of graduate psychiatric education as specified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in a program of training accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the American Medical Association, or the American Osteopathic Association;
- One year of experience in psychiatry subsequent to becoming certified as a Diplomate by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; and
- Five years of post-residency or licensure experience in a recognized psychiatric specialty.
- One year of administrative experience in a medical program.
- Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration or other related field.
The salary range for the Behavioral Health Medical Director is $310,148 – $447,324 (DOQ), with anticipated 3% annual salary increases in February 2024 and 2025. Further benefit details are available through Ralph Andersen & Associates.